Metropolitan Funerals is aware of the need in the community for families to be provided with a dignified memorial tribute or funeral service for their child, without the added pressure of a financial burden.
For this reason, we created The Memorial Star program in 1998, a children's funeral services program, as part of our ongoing service to the community.
The Memorial Star program allows us to offer a minimal-cost funeral service for families who have lost a baby or child under the age of eight.
Minimal fees cover:
- Funeral Arrangements
- Transfer of a baby or child from hospital or home into our care during normal working hours
- Collection of certificates
- Completion of all necessary paperwork
- Staff on the day of the Funeral
- A child’s white gloss finished coffin with silver-coloured ornaments
- Cremation fee (at InvoCare owned crematoria)
- Viewing during normal working hours
Additional costs are charged for the following:
- Any after-hours arrangements
- Transfers or viewings
- Cemetery/burial fees and cremation fees (at other than InvoCare crematoria)
- Cremation permit
- A posy of flowers for the coffin
- Newspaper notices
- Memorial book
- Clergy/Celebrant fees
- Any personal memorialisation
We are able to offer families a range of memorialisation options for their child, including urns, memorial books, candles, hand and foot prints, as well as butterfly and dove releases at the funeral service.
The team at Metropolitan Funerals is honoured to be involved with The Memorial Star program.
We are committed to raising awareness of the needs of families during this difficult time and we are grateful for the continued support of the local organisations who assist us and each family that we care for.
You can read about the Memorial Star Garden here.